mercredi 9 septembre 2015

NFUSED WATERS : ENERGY, LOSE WEIGHT, AND FEEL AMAZING

fresh cold drink water ice cubes peppermint lime raspberry outdoor summer



No matter where I go….I have my trusty glass water bottle or mason jar with a little something something. Everyone wants to know what the heck I’m drinking. —-most often, they honestly think it’s moonshine. Geez, I’m from New York and never even heard of moonshine until I got here let alone walk around drinking it in public. But having this mason jar with stuff in it very often becomes the topic of conversation. Why? It’s different. It’s pretty. It’s not Dasani, it’s not good ole southern sweet tea, or the infamous diet coke,(which by the way I was totally addicted to for 20 years.) and it most certainly can’t be Gatorade because it doesn’t’ have the amazing unnatural fluorescent glow to it.  So what is in it? For me, something different almost everyday. Whatever is fresh or frozen and available in my fridge or freezer. Usually, whatever fruit is in season that I picked up at the local market and some herb that I managed not to kill with my green (actually black) thumb!  Everyone asks,what else can you put in it? How long do you leave in the fruit? Why is it so good? Where can I get more recipes? What are your favorites? Soooooooo, here are my top 10 infused water recipes.

1) Cucumber, Mint, and Lemon

2) Watermelon and Mint

3) Cara Cara Oranges and Cinnamon

4) Mango, Strawberries, and Cilantro

5) Lime and Strawberries

6) Pineapple, Raspberries, and Lime

7) Peaches, Peaches, and more Peaches (when in season)

8) Strawberries, Lemon and Basil

9) Grapefruit and Rosemary

10) Smashed Blueberry and Orange



Your fruit can be frozen or fresh. If you want more flavor in your water, let it sit longer. I usually make my batch in the morning and it just keeps getting better as the day goes on. It’s an easy way for me to make sure I am getting my minimum of 8 cups! When my 2 quart mason jar is empty, I’m good to go. I still usually have a few extra cups…..especially if I’ve worked out a lot that day. And you don’t need exact recipes. If you love lime, add more. If you hate basil, don’t add it. Make up your own and tell me about your favorites so I can try them!!!

So why do I LOVE my infused water? Because it puts a spin on just plain ole water. Because I am drinking it out of glass and not plastic that could possibly kill me down the road at the rate I drink water. Because it is so stinkin beautiful you just want to drink it all day long. Because it tastes so unbelievably delicious that it becomes easy to get my 8-10 cups of water in a day. Because I KNOW how important it is to hydrate and I REFUSE to waste my calories on some artificial crap that my body can’t process! (aka, Vitamin Water, Gatorade, Crystal Light, Diet everything, tropicana…..) Once you find the right waters for your little taste buds……you may fall in love, while gaining energy, becoming less achy and inflamed, losing weight, and saying good-bye to some of those nasty headaches. Drink Water. Make it delicious. Drink lots and feel freakin’ awesome.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire